Update on Research Paper and Applied Project

Research Paper:

(CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 image by Earl)

My original plan for my Research Paper was going to be looking into organizations such as, DCYF, ACS, and DCF. After further research I have decided to actually look into the rates of Juvenile Justice within the years. This is looking into residential placements and the rates throughout the years. After doing a bunch of research, I have realized that the rates have gone down of youth within placements but have also noticed that numbers have increased according to the level of the crime committed in-order to get placed. This could of been stealing, drug use, etc. I’ve also decided to look into other states instead of just looking in New Hampshire.

Applied Project:

(CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 image by Direct Relief)

By the end of this week I will begin making Care Kits for homeless people in-order to donate them to the Bridge House. I have talked to one of my students that I work with at Becket and he seemed very interested to be involved with the process. He even suggested that he would like to be apart of the buying process as well. To get this rolling, I will be making a list of things that would go in each individual Kit. The next step will be buying the products (which will be happening on Friday) and start the process of making the kits. Next week, I will be donating them to the Bridge House and then follow up with them to see if they have been helpful.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.